Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hail and a quick farewell






Yesterday a little after 1:00 we had a sudden hailstorm. I was sitting at a computer and I heard this rattle-rattle-rattle and thought it was the air conditioning system. The hail lasted only about 3 minutes. I finally realized what it was, remembered that I had my camera with me, and got myself outdoors, but by then it had turned to rain and most of the hail had melted. I got a few pictures of white stuff underneath a tree and at one side of the ramp. A case of IMpermanence of nature!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

We dodged that bullet here thankfully...just got the thunder & lightning. Amazing how it can be so warm yet ice falls from the sky?

Biddie said...

I read your last sentence as: the impertinence of nature ...

Impertinent for sure - how dare Ma Nature throw down little ice balls in the midst of summer - that's like throwing ice cubes from a float in the 4th of July parade!

Glad the session wasn't significant enough to destroy the gardens.

Kristen said...

I'm glad we didn't get that hail either, my goodness. We certainly have been getting our share of rain lately though.
Good for the gardens and our wells

Priscilla said...

I didn't mind ice coming from the sky. That was interesting. But I was a little annoyed that it didn't hang around long enough for me to get good pictures. Camera got wet but seems okay. We've had a thunder storm almost every day for the last week. Most unusual.