Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My New Friend


This is Tekkie, my new Toshiba Notebook.
She was given to me by my old friend Lana, with whom I go way back ... we were college room mates. I am in awe of this machine and what it can do. I discovered it can play movies on DVD so I checked out "I, Claudius" from the library and have been watching the 13 episodes all weekend long. As far as Microsoft Office goes, what I have is "Office Ready", a possible 60-day trial which I haven't activated yet, but am using the 25 free sessions first. All this probably seems ho-hum to you guys but for me it's a brave new world. Ta-dah!

5 comments:

Biddie said...

Wow! that's a fine looking machine! Sounds like you are already into using all the good features - I like having the DVD player aboard the PC - I've seen them in advertisements - fine!!

What did you do to get the MS Office software activated?

Nice PC!!!

Priscilla said...

I have not activated the Office trial yet. I can use it 25 times before I have to do this. It is "loaded" but would need to be converted to a full subscription. Further research has turned up the fact that the simple version of Office I want(Home and Student 2007) cannot be converted, just the more expensive ones. So the plan now is to uninstall the trial and buy the version I want and load that. But I'll try to find a geek to do that. I don't feel confident doing it myself. Wish you were here!
(I've taken the ugly red labels off)

Kristen said...

Congratulations on your new Tekki
I love mine, I have a Sony Viao at home
Work I have a big old desk model computer.
I watch TV shows on my laptop and reruns of stuff and movies

Cheryl said...

Sounds like fun, congrats on your new laptop :)

Priscilla said...

Thanks K and C. The screen is 15.4 inches diagonally which is about the size of my TV. I love being able to stop it at will, if the tea kettle whistles, phone rings, etc.
I was in Office Max yesterday and made a snap decision to buy Office Home and Student 2007. It was on sale for 89.99. With tax it came to a little under 98.00. If it can be loaded without trouble I think it's a good deal. Worry, worry.