Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Briermere Farm

Out east on the North Shore, on Sound Avenue, well worth the 50-mile round trip

Refugees from the city often stop here on their way to the Hamptons.

The hand trembles as we approach the pie counter. I got an apple/rhubarb at half price (baked the day before).

Homemade jams and jellies.

Cookies!!

(I took this picture because the histogram was perfect. Nice Basil too.)

Wonderful colors and shapes

This is not cabbage

I sometimes think of leaving Long Island. Then I think of the loss of Briermere Farm. It gives one pause.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh that looks like a great place, the "cabbage" is called statice, it's a filler for flower arrangements and dries nicely.
I wish I could own a store like that someday, it wouldn't survive in our area though

Biddie said...

What a nice looking place - you probably wouldn't find another farm like this if you moved away. Don't move - you live in such a pleasant area with so many interesting things to see and do!

P.S. liked your histogramically balanced basil!

Cheryl said...

What a nice place to wander through, all sorts of treats for your eyes and palate :)

Oppy said...

I think you might find some places like this in central PA. Driving through I've seen little stands and small stores. But always in rural areas.