Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Adoring crowds

Just happened to be driving south on Fifth Avenue yesterday about 4:00; saw hundreds of people on the sidewalk taking pictures of something on the other side where a large light panel and much movie equipment in front of Bergdorf Goodman indicated Presence of Stars. Unfortunately we had green lights and had to move along so I couldn't get a pic of the star(s).

Wondering what was going on I did some searching on the Internet last night and this is what I think it was:
Here's a pic of the Plaza just before the Sighting. Yes, they were at the Plaza too.

P.S. I'll post some pix of our visit to Metropolitan Museum tomorrow.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh Priscilla!!! That was my FAVORITE show on HBO , every Sunday night at 9 I watched it, had to make sure my kid didn't pop in my room, it was kind of X rated!!

Priscilla said...

I've never seen the series but now I'm curious about the movie, will get hold of the DVD.

Biddie said...

I happen to come across a similar crowd when they were filming for a TV program series in Galveston many years ago.

I trying to remember the show - it was a modern day western with the lead guy as a sheriff who does the karate thing. The story line was that he was in a men's tuxedo store to buy such for a wedding of his friend.

You've been doing a lot of exploring in NYC lately - getting to know your way around quite well!

Maria said...

I'm glad you're getting into the city sometimes now. The Metropolitan must be well worth the trip.

Kristen said...

the movie was great, not as x rated as the show either. I can't wait to see the next one, I really miss it on HBO, I have the first series on DVD if you want to borrow it. You may have to close your eyes and ears a few times :)

Priscilla said...

Thanks, K, but I just got the movie from the library and watched it. Whew! Funny in places, but too much crudity, esp with Sam's dog.

I didn't have HBO so never saw the series.

Lana, I went into the Metropolitan Museum on Wed. to see the Treasures of Afghanistan exhibit which is closing in a few days. Wow!! Really amazing gold jewelry, and the story of its survival is heartwarming (see the Museum's website)

Biddie said...

Just remembered the TV show that I saw being filmed in Galveston - Walker, Texas Ranger

It's a shame that that area of the world is in such strife - they have such a history! I do envy you with your easy access to such marvelous exhibits.