Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Our gang in Albany

The mess in the NY State Senate becomes more outrageous every day. On Monday the Republicans staged a sneaky "coup" with the help of 2 Democratic lowlifes and a wealthy egomaniac. Then the Dems refused to unlock the chamber so a session could take place. Non-stop meetings are going on. Whatever legislation they were working on is in limbo. Ordinary people are disgusted. What a mess! What a circus! Politics at its nadir. (But it's really entertaining too!)
The story on Monday

The New York Post story today (Wed.) was entitled "Albany's Bozos are in the Dark"

Update: Thursday morning "Bizarre Big Top Needs Ringleader"
A more dignified account from The New York Times

UPDATE: Monday morning 6/15: Hiram's one uh Dem again! Gridlock

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well, here's one positive thing about these guys...

At least they are environmentally friendly as they all carpool together in that one tiny little car :)

Biddie said...

oh, Priscilla - what good times! I love the picture you found for your post.

Enjoyed reading that Gov. Patterson wisely decided to not leave the state.

BUT not so keen on reading that the billionaire Tom Golisano was moving to Florida - I'm sure he couldn't keep from dinking in our state level politics - they are ripe for someone like him!!

Cheryl - very astute observation - good one!

P.S. Priscilla - did you get my email explaining what was happening with my blog?

Priscilla said...

Since my blog's readership extends north, south and west... CT, Florida, Kentucky, Colorado, etc ...I thought this was a good chance for y'all to get a good laugh at our expense

Cheryl said...

All I know is that I certainly wouldn't have be the one to turn off the lights...another thing I learned down South is when you do that the cockroaches come out in full force...

I've heard that roaches can live up North as well.