Friday, June 26, 2009

Sundrops

My sundrops began to bloom all of a sudden. Here they are on the 21st.

I stuck the camera right into the midst of them. They're still blooming even with all the rain and dark skies.


At 6:30 this evening we had thunder and lightning and--see the white balls--HAIL. Sorry for the bad picture but I tried to catch pix of the amazing chunks of ice as they fell and it was very dark. They were the size of ... strawberries! (The large white thing on the right is a rock.) The hailstorm was soon ended and my sundrops appear unhurt.

6 comments:

Biddie said...

Good Morning! The sundrops are so well named - bright and cheery even with all the rainy weather you have had up there.

I just heard on the TV this AM, a weather man mentioning that people are beginning to wonder if summer is ever coming to the northeast.

If only we could send some of our "summer" to share with you ....

Priscilla said...

Well, today was a nice blue-sky day for a change. How welcome it was!

Maureen said...

I have grown to really love my sundrops, I at first didn't like the way the so quickly spread...but I found an area to put them were they can go crazy and I just love the mass of their happy little yellow heads waving in the breezes.

Kristen said...

I don't have any sunddrops and ever since you posted this picture I have seen them everywhere, I think I will get me some too!

Priscilla said...

I feel the same way, Maureen. This week is their blooming time so you see them, Kristen. The rest of the year the plant is nondescript. Boy, do they spread. Good for beside a road.
Biddie, we've had two nice days in a row and I've almost forgotten the rainy patch.

Cheryl said...

The Sundrops growing in Solace are growing on me too...they are a cheery smile in a relatively shady quiet area.