Sunday, September 13, 2009

Misc. pics from the Met last week

Yes, some people still do draw
Tiffany glass

Blurry (argh)

We trotted by the arms and armor department

and were waylaid by the Greek vases

The courtyard of the New American Wing, reopened a few months ago


where you can lunch in the cafe, restore your strength and keep on looking at the art


Best cafe design ever, in my opinion.

And you're even watched over by bears

The Hidden Treasures of Afghanistan was a fascinating exhibit, but photos were banned, so to appreciate it I urge you to follow this link and gaze on some of these ancient wonders.

3 comments:

Biddie said...

Wow .... how neat!! I love stained glass - you would have had to drag me out of there.

Am I seeing correctly that the food court is open-air?

I was there some 50 years ago. My memory was that it was dark and closed in - they must have done some major renovations on the building because it looks so bright and airy now.

Priscilla said...

Cafe will eventually look out on Central Park through glass (now covered)

Cheryl said...

I love the Tiffany glass, were those candles inside of them? I think those bears would look perfect in my garden :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I'd love to go there and see it for myself, it all looks so lovely.