Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snow and what can you do? Chicken stew

This is the Winter of the Chicken Stew. I started this one a week ago (chicken, onion, celery, carrots, new potatoes). The second day, after tasting a bowlful--bland--I added things (garlic, cooked rotelli, more celery, tomato sauce, Mrs. Dash) and simmered it. Hmm, some improvement. Added water, cooked it some more and had a bowl. Third day added more garlic, onion, carrots, celery, tomato sauce, drop of olive oil, cherry tomatoes, and removed potatoes. Next maybe a few raisins.
I love to tinker in the kitchen.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like a hearty meal for a cold winter's evening and sounds delicious...except for the raisins!

Priscilla said...

The raisins added an unexpected touch of sweetness. Not bad. Just one bowl left which I froze.

I'm doing cooking from scratch these days, trying to avoid sodium.

Kristen said...

mmmmm, can I come over for dinner?

Priscilla said...

You sure can...but it will be something else. This dish is GONE.