Wednesday, April 9, 2008

And The Winner Is .....


Correction, the winners are... (It's a tie!)

Cheryl ( for Meeow/Woof)
and
Kristen (for the double headed Q-tip caption)

Congratulations, winners! Your prize will be delivered early Friday morning. Look toward the east and shade your eyes or wear sun glasses. We went to a great deal of trouble to arrange this and hope you will be pleased with this unimaginably splendid prize. Gardeners will love it.

Second prize... the panel of judges was unable to agree on a second prize winner. It has therefore decided there will be a six-way tie for second place. Congratulations all! And your prize? Yours will be visible in the night sky starting on Thursday. and it will actually grow on succeeding nights. No sunglasses necessary.
Our thanks go out to everyone who participated in the contest. (Bugsy survived, by the way.)

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Ahh haa haa you made me laugh, Thanks I needed that. !!!

Biddie said...

This was fun - I love being part of the six-way tie for 2nd place - I'm looking forward to the arrival of my shared prize!!!

Thank ya ma'm ....

Oppy said...

I wonder when on Thursday it will become visible? I've got nothing but clouds, rain, and some snow in my skys. [grin]

Priscilla said...

Gosh, Oppy, it got up to 70 degrees here today. Absolutely beootiful, birds singing away, daffodils in full bloom. I sat outside and read a funny novel (Beginner's Greek) and got some sunburn. Tonight I'm working at the library until 10:00 and it's still nice outside.
My friend Aamir in Calgary says they just had a huge snowstorm. No spring there!

Oppy said...

Your friends storm will probably be one our next ones although the latest forecast is for 60's Sunday and 70's Monday and Tuesday. One thing I like about the weather here is if you don't like it right now wait 5 minutes.

Biddie said...

No see the 2nd place prize this AM - mist/fog - will try again tomorrow ....

Glad I haven't taken the tropicals out of the greenhouse yet - it's going down into the 30's again tonight and tomorrow night.

Cheryl said...

Woohoo! I'd like to thank my misspent youth that included way too much time watching cartoons...and did I say Woohooo!
Unfortunately it's cloudy & drizzly today, so no prize visible, but I'm happy in the knowledge that it was there.
:)

Priscilla said...

I'm so sorry the prizes haven't arrived yet!!
Please be assured they WILL arrive (sooner or later). I have the utmost confidence of their appearance in all their glory.
Oh, there is a contact number you can call to track the shipment (however I seem to have lost it)