Friday, December 4, 2009

An hour in Avalon

Avalon Park is a joy, one of my favorite places. I spent a relaxing hour there yesterday, looking at birds and enjoying the balmy weather and blue skies. Good timing: before dark thick clouds had moved into our region.

Mallards are so familiar. One rarely sees their pretty orange legs.



As I was taking this shot a lady called from the lawn, "Stop, don't take a picture! It's not finished!" Well, I liked the way the wreath looked today, restrained, blending into nature. I'll come back and take another picture when the red bits have been added.

I liked the reflection of these posts in the mill pond.

They've redone the boardwalk recently and added a railing that provides security to wheelchairs and strollers. The wood is beautifully stained.

The Park offices are in this building. Red, green and blue all in one shot.


Avalon Park

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

That stone wall is beautiful! I like all the flowing lines from the branches & water in the last shot.

Priscilla said...

The stone wall was completed within the past year or so. At first I thought it was too massive and solid for the location but I'm getting used to it. In the last shot the skwiggly lines reminded me of calligraphy, Arabic or some foreign script.

Maria said...

What gorgeous photos and such a beautiful park. I'm so glad you can go there and renew your spirit. How very lovely. Thanks for sharing such beauty and peace.

Priscilla said...

Thanks, Lana. We are very lucky to have this park. It's nice even in winter.