Saturday, March 7, 2009

Flower Show -- 3rd batch


Possibly the Riviera section


Not sure which area this was, maybe Tuscany



A section of elegant vertical displays. These were attached to window glass, each one with its own tube of water. Light shone from below.


More vertical displays, light from above

And more

This was my favorite in this section



Not vines but cut flowers in tubes

People watching was fun too. Signs told us not to sit on the ledges, but if you're tired ....
(To be continued)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I can see you (in the mirror) in the green one! Is that bamboo?

Cheryl said...

I've never seen anything like those vertical displays, they are stunning. I wonder if I could create a similar effect on the end of the porch...

Biddie said...

Aha! I spotted a glimpse of Priscilla's camera and hand in the very bottom of one of the pictures also!!

The vertical displays are really effective. Putting all those flowers in test tubes would be an awful lot of work but spectacular.

This flower show does go on-n-on!

Priscilla said...

Don't think it was bamboo. Those displays were parallel, 3 or 4 of them, and you could walk between them. That's why you see other people facing my camera. They would be very labor intensive and animals, birds, wind,or humans would damage them... For the super-rich on the Riviera, I guess.