Thursday, March 12, 2009

Flower show -- 6th batch

Close-up of small cacti
They look good enough to eat, don't they?

This mean man in the blue shirt wouldn't let me sit down on his chairs because I had a dish of ice cream in my hand. Humph. I felt as tired as that man in the cap looked.

They hold water--you place a cutting in the pretty crystal and roots form.


More giant sized pots and pans

I wonder if any cannibals bought any?

Boring picture of people coming out alive

Some new buildings near the convention center

A gaudy corner. You can do a lot with lights.

More snaky things (calla lilies?) and some strange spheres

I'm guessing they're constructed not grown



(To be continued)

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Are those sphere's constructed out of natural large vines or twigs? I wonder what the armature underneath them is, perhaps chicken wire?

This show is mindboggling!!

Priscilla said...

Yes, my mind is still boggling eight days later.

It's possible the bits of stems were placed on an armature and they grew/clung rootlets on their own. I couldn't touch them to see how they were fastened. For the show-off garden that has everything!

Biddie said...

Amazing - I'd loved to have been able to see the show ....

Denise Rosier said...

Hi Priscilla,

Wow! I'm glad I popped in. What a great flower show! I can't believe how big is was. I would love to have attended it. Thanks for sharing your photos!

Maria said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you again for this wonderful tour.

M.

Priscilla said...

You're welcome, all. Thanks for dropping in, Denise. Your flower specimens are amazing, so lush and colorful, fun to look at.

I'm going to post more pix on Friday (today) and then take a break for a while. Don't worry, there are more!

Kristen said...

Did you get any of those $5 show special rooters? I liked those a lot too

Priscilla said...

No, I didn't. I'd bump my head on them all the time. I don't know why, but I didn't feel like buying anything, just stuffed my eyeballs with everything. Don't have room in my garden actually.