Monday, October 27, 2008

Litchfield, October 26, 2008

Priscilla, Cheryl and Kristen

Cheryl and Kristen


Some of the wonderful carving work in the Chancel



To quote the brochure, "The floor tiling of the nave and aisles is laid with custom terra cotta quarries by the Moravian Pottery and Tile Works of Doylestown, PA and are copies of a fifteenth-century English Priory". Also just as pretty: Kristen's boot.




Sospiro Winds rehearsing before the performance

Looking over my photos and reading the brochure on St. Michael's I realize how much I didn't photograph, such as the organ with 2221 pipes and the fragment from Litchfield Cathedral in England. Guess I was too busy gawking.
(More photos to come on next posting)

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh good more pictures!! Thanks, I got the organ pipes in a picture, I'll post it when I go home tonight! My Nashville Boot got in the picture!!!
Cheryl did I grow or did you stand in a hole? I thought you were like 3 inches taller than me. How fun, I can't wait to see Cheryl's pictures, she brought the big gun camera! Thanks P

Cheryl said...

Oh my...I am such a moose! Arrgh, more motivation for the diet.

Anyway, I had a wonderful time and it was a delight meeting you. I enjoyed getting out of the house & exploring something new. I'm so glad you came up with the idea, and the church was beautiful.

Priscilla said...

The camera always puts on.....pounds, thirty, forty?

Can't wait to see the really good photos. You gals were snapping away like real professionals.

Hope your cold is better, C.

Cheryl said...

At least 40 pounds lol!! And these wide screen monitors don't help at all :P

Biddie said...

... absolutely love those stained glass windows! The light coming thru colored glass just goes right into my soul. I see the tip of Kristen's fabulous Nashville boot was captured - fine boots!!

Great pictures - I've saved off all the ones of you three gals!!

Denise Rosier said...

Hi Priscilla!

What a great trip you all had, and how neat that you were able to hang out together. All of you look fabulous! :o)

I like the picture of the tiled floor (w/ Kristen's boot). I'd love to have a floor like that!

Priscilla said...

Hi Denise,
Thanks so much! That floor was unique and I included K's boot intentionally for the human touch and to show scale. I noticed her beautiful boots but didn't have a chance to say anything. We only had 60 minutes. If you ever come to NYC perhaps we could all gather there for a reunion.